If you are looking for an SEO tool that will allow you to scrape competitor websites, crawl pages and validate links in minutes and provide information about any errors or warnings on your site, Screaming Frog is the ultimate must-have. The company’s website crawler can be customized to your needs and has a robust set of features. It provides insights into the pages of your site that need optimization to rank better in search engines like Google. You can use it to find duplicate content, check robots.txt files, and even export data from XML Sitemaps! This article discusses how Screaming Frog can help with everything from link building to content discovery.
What is Screaming Frog?
“Screaming Frog SEO Spider” is an SEO developer tool created by the UK-based search marketing agency Screaming Frog. Their SEO Spider is a website crawler that improves onsite SEO by extracting data & auditing for common SEO issues.
How is Screaming Frog useful?
With this tool, you can:
- Find broken links
- Audit redirects
- Analyze Page titles & metadata
- Discover duplicate content
- Extract data with CSS path, XPath, or Regex
- Review bots and directives
- Generate XML sitemaps
- Integrate with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and PageSpeed Insights APIs
- Visualize website structure / architecture
- Custom Extractions
- Scrape SERPs
Why use Screaming Frog?
The SEO spider mimics a GoogleBot web crawler, which gives you valuable insight into how Google Search sees your website.
These website scans give you insight into how to fix possible website errors while providing key areas to focus on and improve your search results.
Is Screaming Frog free to use?
Yes, Screaming Frog is free to use, up to 500 pages per scan. If you wish to scan more pages, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Where to download Screaming Frog?
Here is where you can download Screaming Frog for free:
Where can I get a Screaming Frog License?
You can purchase a Screaming Frog License from the official website:
How do I start using Screaming Frog SEO Spider?
- First, you need to download the screaming frog tool
- Install the software on your computer
- Open the program
- Add your domain name you wish to scan in the top toolbar
- Wait for the scan to finish, and analyze your results.
I will be creating a more in-depth guide on how to get started. This guide is to give you a broad understanding of how this program functions.
Learn more about practical Screaming Frog uses.
- How To Analyze Link Position using Screaming Frog
- How to Scrape Google SERPs with Screaming Frog
- Learn about Screaming Frog Custom Extractions
Published on: 2021-03-10
Updated on: 2021-07-28