What is Screaming Frog?
“Screaming Frog SEO Spider” is an SEO developer tool created by the UK-based search marketing agency Screaming Frog. Their SEO Spider is a website crawler that improves onsite SEO by extracting data & auditing for common SEO issues.
How is Screaming Frog useful?
With this tool, you can:
- Find broken links
- Audit redirects
- Analyze Page titles & metadata
- Discover duplicate content
- Extract data with CSS path, XPath, or Regex
- Review bots and directives
- Generate XML sitemaps
- Integrate with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and PageSpeed Insights APIs
- Visualize website structure / architecture
- Custom Extractions
- Scrape SERPs
Why use Screaming Frog?
The SEO spider mimics a GoogleBot web crawler, which gives you valuable insight into how Google Search sees your website.
These website scans give you insight into how to fix possible website errors while providing key areas to focus on and improve your search results.
Is Screaming Frog free to use?
Yes, Screaming Frog is free to use, up to 500 pages per scan. If you wish to scan more pages, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
How do I start using Screaming Frog SEO Spider?
- First, you need to download the screaming frog tool
- Install the software on your computer
- Open the program
- Add your domain name you wish to scan in the top toolbar
- Wait for the scan to finish, and analyze your results.
I will be creating a more in-depth guide on how to get started. This guide is to give you a broad understanding of how this program functions.
Published on: 2021-03-10
Updated on: 2021-03-15