If Yoast SEO is not reading your homepage content and shows “The Text Contains 0 Words” error message, there could be several possible reasons. Here are some steps you can take to fix the issue:
- Check if you’re using a page builder: If you’re using a page builder (e.g., Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder) to design your homepage, Yoast SEO might not be able to read the content correctly. Make sure your page builder is compatible with Yoast SEO. Many popular page builders have improved compatibility with Yoast SEO, so updating the page builder to the latest version might help.
- Inspect your theme: Some WordPress themes might cause issues with Yoast SEO’s content analysis. To test if your theme is causing the problem, temporarily switch to a default WordPress theme (e.g., Twenty Twenty-One) and check if the issue persists. If the error disappears, the issue might be with your current theme. You can contact the theme’s support team for assistance or consider using another theme.
- Check for plugin conflicts: Other plugins installed on your site might interfere with Yoast SEO’s content analysis. To determine if this is the case, deactivate all other plugins except Yoast SEO and check if the problem is resolved. If the issue disappears, reactivate the plugins one by one, checking the content analysis each time, to identify the conflicting plugin. Once you’ve identified the problematic plugin, you can contact its support team for help or look for an alternative.
- Clear cache: Caching plugins or server-side caching might cause issues with Yoast SEO’s content analysis. Clear your cache (both in caching plugins and server-side caching) and refresh the page to see if the error is resolved.
- Update Yoast SEO: Ensure you are using the latest version of Yoast SEO. Outdated versions might cause compatibility issues or bugs. Update the plugin if a new version is available.
If you’ve tried all these steps and the issue persists, you can reach out to Yoast SEO’s support team for assistance or consult the Yoast SEO community for help.
Can I use Yoast without WordPress?
No, Yoast is a plugin specifically designed for use with WordPress. It integrates with the WordPress content management system and helps with search engine optimization (SEO) of your WordPress site.
If you are not using WordPress, you can use Yoast on Shopify, TYPO3, Neos CMS, and Drupal.
How to fix Yoast Error: The Text Contains 0 Words
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress plugin that helps optimize your website for search engines. The error "The Text Contains 0 Words" indicates that Yoast is not detecting any content on the page or post you're analyzing. This error can occur for various reasons. Here are some common solutions to fix the issue:
Check the content: Ensure that there is actual content in the WordPress editor. If the page or post is empty, you'll need to add content before Yoast can analyze it.
Disable page builders temporarily: If you're using a page builder plugin like Elementor, Divi, or Visual Composer, they can sometimes interfere with Yoast's content analysis. Try disabling the page builder temporarily and see if Yoast can analyze the content. If that works, consider reaching out to the page builder's support for assistance or check for updates that may resolve the issue.
Check for plugin conflicts: Some plugins may interfere with Yoast's content analysis. To check for conflicts, disable all plugins except Yoast SEO and see if the issue persists. If the error is resolved, reactivate the plugins one by one to identify the problematic plugin. Once you've found the conflicting plugin, you can contact the plugin's support team or look for an alternative plugin.
Check for theme conflicts: In some cases, your WordPress theme may cause conflicts with Yoast SEO. To check for theme conflicts, switch to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One and see if the issue persists. If the error is resolved, consider contacting the theme's support team or look for an alternative theme.
Clear cache: If you're using a caching plugin, clear your cache as it might be serving an outdated version of the page or post. Additionally, clear your browser cache to ensure you're viewing the latest version of your content.
Update Yoast SEO and WordPress: Make sure you're using the latest version of the Yoast SEO plugin and WordPress itself. Outdated versions may have compatibility issues or bugs that could cause the error.
Contact Yoast support: If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to Yoast's support team for assistance. They may be able to help you identify and resolve the issue.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the "The Text Contains 0 Words" error in Yoast SEO and continue optimizing your website for search engines.
Published on: 2023-03-31
Updated on: 2023-04-10